Ignition Systems Services
Having trouble getting your car started in the morning? Is it struggling to rev quickly? You may have a problem with your ignition system.
Why Choose Port Adelaide Auto?
- Quality Workmanship: We are well known for our quality workmanship and attention to detail
- Timely Delivery: If we say your car will be ready at a particular day and time, we will fulfil our promise
- Ongoing Training: We invest time and money into furthering our skills and education
- Branded Materials: Our materials and equipment are all tried and tested leading brands
Port Adelaide Auto Ignition System Services:
- Ignition system overhaul
- Battery testing and replacement
- Ignition switch replacement
- Ignition signal sensor timing adjustment
- Ignition module replacement
- Starter motor replacement
- Spark plug replacement
- Ignition repair
- Alternator replacement
- Ignition repair
- Ignition lead replacement
- Distributor cap replacement
The Basics of Internal Combustion
A vehicle’s engine generates air and gas resulting in energy for the wheels. A spark is ignited through the combination of air and petrol, otherwise known as the ignition. This ignition runs through a collective effort from the ignition coil, distributor, distributor cap, rotor, plug wires and spark plugs.
Troubleshooting Ignition Problems
At Port Adelaide Auto, we will check a number of components to determine the cause. This will include the coil, distributor cap, coil wire, electrical connection, fuel pump and fuel filter. Once we have checked all the major compartments, we look for loose starter bolts, bad injectors, faulty cold start valves, chipped ring gear or inconsistencies with the engine’s main computer.
Port Adelaide Auto will diagnose and fix ignition system problems backed by The Repco Nationwide Warranty, which covers quality Repco parts and labour. and is supported at over 400 Repco Authorised Service Dealers Australia wide.