The drivetrain serves two roles: transferring power evenly from the engine to all drive wheels and varying the amount of torque.
The drivetrain is made up of the differential, a transfer case and the transmission.
Why Choose Port Adelaide Auto Repairs?
- Quality Workmanship: We are well known for our quality workmanship and attention to detail
- Timely Delivery: If we say your car will be ready at a particular day and time, we will fulfill our promise
- Ongoing Training: We invest time and money into furthering our skills and education
- Branded Materials: Our materials and equipment are all tried and tested leading brands
Port Adelaide Auto Repairs Drivetrain Services:
- Differential service
- Smoking exhaust repair
- Transaxle repairs
- Gear problems
- Draining fluid
- Replacing fluid
- Transmission examination
What is the Drivetrain?
The drivetrain can be one of three of the following:
- In front wheel drive the transaxle is connected to the wheels and delivers power through a constant velocity joint
- In a rear wheel vehicle drive the drive shaft is connected with a universal joint to the rear wheels
- In all wheel drive vehicles the system is similar to front wheel drive vehicles with an additional centre and rear differential. The power is sent to the front or rear tyres depending on the driving surface
A Differential Service – What Is It?
The differential is a special gearbox situated between the drive wheels of your car, enabling the drive wheels to turn at different speeds. In time the lubricating fluid in the differential starts to break down leading to gear problems. You may notice squealing gears, exhaust smoke and lower response times. Port Adelaide Auto will remove the old differential fluid and replace it with new lubricating fluid based on your car’s manufacturer recommendation.